1. In a bowl, combine the ingredients of the dry marinade. Rub the roast with the dry marinade. Marinate 30 minutes in the fridge.
2. When cooking, preheat the barbecue to medium-high heat.
3. On the hot, oiled BBQ grill, place the roast. Close the lid and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Turn off the burner under the roast for indirect cooking. Continue cooking for 35 to 40 minutes for rare cooking.
5. Remove the roast from the barbecue and tent loosely with a sheet of aluminum foil. Let stand for 8 to 10 minutes before slicing.